Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Saturday, January 26, 2013

If I'd Known It Was Coming I'd Have Baked a Cake!

My lackluster Yahoo horoscope gave me little inspiration today. There must be something happier to contemplate for this Saturday, other than ticking off items on my "to do" list. I've been spending a lot of this past week looking forward to London and Paris in March, and not enough just relishing the moment. True, it's hard for me to rev up a lot of enthusiasm for even getting out of bed these subarctic mornings. But I don't give up easy, so I surfed around the Internet and found this intriguing website:

http://www.holidayinsights.com/

Its home page announces....You've arrived at Holiday Insights, where you will find fun, information, and lots more about every holiday you can imagine. We've got you covered on the big ones, the small ones, and all of 'em in between. So, whether you are looking up information, doing a school report, looking for Ecards or screensavers, clipart perhaps, or just having fun, surf on through and come back often.

I scrolled down the list of the January celebrations and found that aside from New Year's Day, I'd missed them all. I'd been in a daze about the days. I wish I'd known about Male Watcher's Day, Houseplant Appreciation Day, or even Peculiar People Day. I'm certain I could have cooked up something special to help me get through these winter doldrums.

So, celebrate, celebrate, I remind myself...it won't be long until spring, and we'll be admiring our flowers once again. In the meanwhile, we've got Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, and more coming up soon. For right now, I'm going to brew up a cup of camomile. After all, Holiday Insights reminds me that January is Hot Tea Month! I'm not letting that one slip by. Of course, there's always tomorrow...Chocolate Cake Day.

C is for Cookie, but also for Cake, as celebrated by Cookie Monster and the Count:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNjYhcJ9IE

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you Terri.Celebrate, Celebrate, especially Chocolate Cake Day; how can we not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Terri. Sending you some virtual chocolate cake topped with spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for celebrating. Every day is a gift and I often fail to remember that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete