Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wine Wherever On the Way



Until I married my late husband, Ken Wilson, I'd always figured wine came in three varieties, red, white and dessert. Ken knew wine, though, and impressed me on our first date, as we toured some of the wineries of Napa, St. Helena and Calistoga.

Now I'm learning more about grapes, vineyards and varietals as I'm editing the new Wine Wherever series for Ken and Dahlynn McKowen. The first book in the series will be published shortly...I can hardly wait.

The McKowens previously published The Wine Oh! Guide to California's Sierra Foothills. When I visited with them in Orangedale, CA, last November, they gave me a gift of a bottle of Findleton Estate and Winery's 2007 Zinfandel. This is one of the wineries they had visited in the course of researching the book.

I'd been saving it for a special occasion. That occasion finally turned up last night, a wine tasting party, hosted by a Colville home winemaker for the local branch of American Association of University Women. After an evening of sampling a wide range of reds, we opened the Zinfandel, and for me it was love at first sip. Though the McKowen's guide says Findleton's featured wine is an estate-grown Pinot Noir, if I ever get to Placerville, CA, again, I'd buy a case of this Zinfandel. Even an uneducated palate such as mine recognizes excellence!

Visit the home page for Wine Wherever at: http://publishingsyndicate.com/wine_wherever/wine_wherever_home.html

Wine Wherever features iPhone Apps, and is on Facebook and Twitter. Here's the link to befriend on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/WineWherever

No comments:

Post a Comment