Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Saturday, September 26, 2020

I Dreamed the Impossible Dream

Rose Center Theater Courtyard

The last time I saw or heard live music was March 13 at the Maverick Theater in Fullerton. I'd gone to see "The Great Gatsby" right before the pandemic quarantines set in here in Southern California. Though I've had plenty of opportunity to see Broadway play DVDs and listen to jazz, Broadway and classical musical online and through CDs, I hunger for the real thing...seeing and hearing the performers in a theater.

 Rose Center Theater here in Westminster has been a dream come true. After no productions since last winter, a week ago they debuted a live presentation of "The Wiz" in their courtyard, normally reserved for weddings, receptions and other celebratory events. This, indeed, was a celebratory event. Seats were set six feet apart, patrons kept their masks on for the entire hour performance and the performers sang their hearts out. Hand sanitizer was provided and ushers showed us to our seats, depending on where we wanted to sit. We lined up in advance, groups six feet apart. 

 Last night, I went again for "Man of La Mancha." Beautifully and hilariously staged with an appreciative audience giving performers a standing ovation. 

Weekend after next, Rose will be innovative again, with an outdoor movie, "Waiting in the Wings." I intend to go. It's been the answer to my prayers, just a mile from me here, safe from Covid-19 infection possibilities. So I can't chop on popcorn while I watch? It's worth a few sacrifices and I could lose a few pandemic pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment