Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Monday, June 14, 2021

Unsolicited Mail

image.png

I received this in my email today. I've pasted the message that accompanied it below. But I wonder how I get on some of the group emails I receive.

In a few days I'll write to the person who sent it and ask that I not be mailed such garbage again. Especially not with a prefatory note attached that said: "This is great! Please share it with your friends!!!!!" So, I'm sharing it. Even though it didn't say "Pretty please."

I know I've enjoyed White Privilege since birth. I have never been hassled walking toward my front doors in Maryland, Washington State or even California, simply because of the color of my skin. 
 
I have never been pulled over by the police and questioned because of the color of my skin.

I have never been stopped and searched when I lived in Arkansas, just because I was eating an ice cream cone outside a grocery store. But a lot of the Black adults and adolescents I worked with were.

I have never had graffiti sprayed on my house, with messages that said for me to go back where I came from, either. But the people who opened the first Mexican restaurant in Colville, WA, were when they moved to that little town.

After Pearl Harbor, nobody rounded up my family and sent them to Manzanar or another "relocation" camp.

I remember those who bought homes on the G.I. Bill all those decades ago post-WW II, when new housing communities built to accommodate those upwardly mobile families. And I remember those neighborhoods had CC&Rs that prohibited selling them to Jews and people of color who were veterans.

None of my ancestors were rounded up and sold as slaves. I've never been discriminated against as have friends of mine in South Africa who were not admitted to medical school because they had black skin.

White privilege? Yep. My card has saved me from enduring many of the indignities that others who hold these alleged valuable "Race Cards" face. 

  FOR SALE:

I'm selling my white privilege card. It's over 70 years old but is in mint condition. It has never been used, not even one time. Reason for selling is that it hasn't done a damn thing for me! No free college, no free food, no free housing, no free anything, I actually had to go to work every day of my life while paying a boatload of taxes to carry those who chose not to work!  If you are interested, I prefer cash but would be willing to do and even trade for a Race Card which seems much more widely accepted and comes with countless benefits if you fit the profile!

Interested?

Contact me on my Non-Obama, Non-Biden cell phone that I pay for every month..Serious buyers only.


No comments:

Post a Comment