Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Dang! I Wish I Hadn't Done That!

"a vibrant collection"

One of the joys of getting published in anthologies remains the possibility of making literary connections with other writers who can teach you something about the craft. Such is the case for me as I browse through Dang, I Wish I Hadn't Done That, a collection of stories and poems recently published by Ageless Authors. I'll have a chance to meet some of these talented older writers at author events scheduled for February right here in Southern California

You can buy this book now on Kindle for less than you'd pay for a single  gallon of gas...and it will take you farther down the road. If you're a senior, these reminisces will take you down Memory Lane to your earlier years, and you, too, will be likely to recall your  events that relate to the book's three major categories: Military Memories, Regrets and Parents.

I've read my story, "An Arrested Development" aloud twice so far to estimate how long it will take me to present it in February. It took me just 14 minutes, but if you read it to yourself, I'll bet you can do it in far fewer. Plus you'll learn one of my darkest secrets.

If you live in Southern California I invite you to attend a  reading at either Book Soup in Hollywood on February 11 or Irvine Spectrum Barnes and Noble on February 12. You'll be able to buy a hard copy and get several of the authors to sign it for you. Or you can get it today on Kindle.

This is from the press release:
Los Angeles (January 6, 2020) -- Great storytelling by four remarkable writers age 65+ and one outstanding writing educator is on tap at two Ageless Authors book events in Southern California in mid-February.
The five local writers will read their work, sign books and offer writing tips at Book Soup, Tuesday, February 11, 7PM, and at the Irvine Spectrum Barnes & Noble, Wednesday, February 12, 3 PM.
Scheduled authors include Laguna Beach writer Geoffrey Graves, Terri Elders of Westminster, Brenda Mutchnick of Beverly Hills, and Gered Beebe of San Diego. Writing teacher and author Candice Kelsey of Los Angeles, an Ageless Authors contest judge, will also participate. Each author will read from the hot-off-the-press anthology DANG, I Wish I Hadn't Done That, a collection of 34 stories and poems all penned by senior writers.
Kirkus Reviews has called the book “A vibrant collection of pieces by an eclectic group of older writers…” OnlineBookClub.org was even more impressed: “A display of courage and vision, this remarkable collection of stories and poems could be a step forward in laying the foundation for a new literary field that reflects the wisdom and experience of seniority.”
The book will be available for sale at both locations. DANG is published by Ageless Authors, a unique publisher and writers’ group that works exclusively with senior authors around the world.

https://www.amazon.com/DANG-Wish-Hadnt-Done-That-ebook/dp/B07ZS1TDDT/ref=sr_1_1?crid=31WCC9OIPF4JR&keywords=dang%2C+i+wish+i+hadn%27t+done+that&qid=1579201298&sprefix=Dang%21+I+Wish+I+%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-1 



                                             

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this publication. You are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The book sounds delightful. Wish I were in So Cal right now so I could go to one of the signings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - didn't realize I was signed out.
      Trisha Faye

      Delete