Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Friday, July 21, 2017

Surf City, Here We Are!

The Hodads Welcome the Crowd

Our H-W Senior Living Complex always has an adventure in store for its residents. Last night we were shuttled to the nearby Westminster Community Center for a pizza feast, followed by a concert in the adjacent Westminster Civic Center Sunken Gardens. A key reason I moved into my comfy shoebox here nearly three years ago was because of its varied activity calendar.

Sandi and Maggie
During the winters, we can look forward to holiday celebrations. But summer's a real treat, with barbecues, beach treks, and park concerts. Last month we visited Cypress for an Eagles tribute. Last night we applauded, sang along with, and danced to The Hodads, who have celebrated the Southland sixties surfing sound since 1989.
Janet and Mike

Favorite tunes last night included "Help Me, Rhonda," "Catch a Wave," "Surfing Safari," and even "Secret Agent Man" and "Kokomo." We got to judge an audio drag race, with "Little Deuce Coupe," "My 409" and "Little GTO" vying for first place. I believe "My 409" came in first by a fender.

The concert series continues for three more Thursday evenings:
  • July 27, JB & The Big Circle Riders (country)
  • August 3, Retro Soul (dance band)
  • August 10, Abbey Road (Beatles Tribute)
More about the Hodads here: http://www.hodads.com/about.html

XXXXX

Coming Attraction at H-W

August 11, Friday afternoon, 5 pm, in the Central Park by the pool...yes! It's Rosewood again. Plus chicken and beef tacos...what a bargain for $5 per attendee. And we can bring guests to enjoy our gorgeous landscape and spirited neighbors. The sign-up sheet already is in our Rec Room...and I signed up first.

XXXXX

For friends who've asked what my "shoebox" looks like, I took these photos this morning:

This rocker still has Nami's puppy  toothmarks on its frame.

Yes, these are "the books"...all with my stories.

View from my 4th floor balcony.

Teddy bears guard my bed.

My desk and NEW chair from Costco.

Kitchenette with Annemarie's Williamsburg towel.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love outdoor concerts' especially the oldies. Your apartment looks comfy-cozy. Your complex offers lots of activities.

    ReplyDelete