Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Today's Dreams


Photography by Ron Schmidt, www.looseleashes.com

  "Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream"--Kahlil Gibran

Even though I've not submitted many stories recently, I still continue to dream of capturing my memories in print. I've found some unpublished stories that I'd like to see break through. While I've been revising and recasting them, I've discovered they all involve reaching deeper into my feelings.

Some days I delight in delving into the past, but not every day. Today I want to concentrate on moving forward. I'm ready to finish some projects that have been simmering quietly on my back burner. Time to stir and serve:

  • Are girlhood friendships built to last forever or are some of us doomed to get dumped?
  • Can I really let bygones be bygones, even when it appears I have no alternative choice?
  • Did I really miss out on one of life's major milestones?
  • We all may scream for ice cream, but is this always wise?
These will take up my writing time for a few tomorrows. In the meantime, here's a piece for today...the latest edition of Publishing Syndicate's free monthly newsletter with tips for writers...and I'm the guest editor, writing on how to convey emotion!





No comments:

Post a Comment