Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ready to Spill the Beans?



"And you can tell that to Terri for Not Your Mother's Book...On Sharing Secrets."
Dear Modest and Virtuous Readers:

Yes, you've complained that sharing a secret would be a breach of trust, a betrayal of significant others, or a violation of your elevated standards of ethics.

I appreciate your dedication to remaining pure in this tarnished world. And neither I nor Publishing Syndicate would expect you to broadcast all the lurid details of exactly how you cheated your boss...or the IRS. We want to avoid necktie parties and litigation. We don't even want to know about the night that you got tipped off by your friendly bartender just in time for you to slip out the back door of your neighborhood watering hole, Peyton Place Bar and Grill. Unless, of course, you really, really, really want to spill the beans!

Nonetheless...you know in your heart of hearts that you've got some stories that shouldn't stay untold. You might not have an ear to whisper in, but you're a writer. Your fingers are itching to start tripping across the keys.

We haven't yet determined definite chapter headings for Not Your Mother's Book...On Sharing Secrets. But, together with the participants in the drawing for a free copy of Not Your Mother's Book...On Travel, I offer some possibilities:

I Love Your Hair...and Other Little White Lies
Once I Had a Secret Love
Peeking Under the Lid (Secret Recipes)
My Secret Garden
Skeletons in the Closet
Shotgun Weddings..or 9 lb. Preemies
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Your Cheatin' Heart...Or Mine
S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g the Truth
My Secret Pal
Secret Santas
Whispers and Wishes
Water Cooler Rumors
I Crossed My Heart
My Life as a Rat Fink
Secret Treasures
The Secrets of My Success
It's a Sin to Tell a Lie
Once Upon a Midnight, Dearie
Closeminded But Openmouthed
Secret Agents
But, Officer!
Caught Red-Handed
Best Laid Plans (When Secrets Go Awry)
My Foolish Heart
Ask Me No Questions
Rites and Rituals

It's no secret that I'll be waiting to see what you divulge! You just know you've got some beans you really can't resist spilling.


More information on the Not Your Mother's Book series and guidelines for stories can be found here:
http://www.publishingsyndicate.com/publishing_syndicate/submissions/nymb_submit_guidelines.html

No comments:

Post a Comment