Grandma Gertie always said there's not a savory dish that can't be made tastier by just a touch of tarragon.

Tsunami and Me

Tsunami and Me
too big to escape now....

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn Update


Me with son, Steve, Orange, CA, 10/23/11


When I'm stuck on a story, I bless my blog...I can always come here to exercise my fingers until my brain shifts back into its writing gear!

I've been so overwhelmed by medical issues this past week...mine with my disintegrating spinal discs and my canine companion Natty's with diabetes and an abscessed paw...that I haven't taken a deep breath and counted my blessings. So it's time to enumerate them right now!
  • My cultural immersion in Southern California replenished my spirits! Highlights included taking in a new staging of "The Trip to Bountiful" and the breathtaking show-stealing airborne pyrotechnics of the Bolshoi Ballet's Ivan Vasiliev in "The Kings of the Dance,"as well as sampling fried chicken at Mrs. Knott's 1934 restaurant and hiking around South Coast Botanical Gardens on the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
  • My brother Joel and my friend Chris both are recovering well from cancer treatment!
  • My MRI, xray and ultra sounds didn't reveal any horrendous surprises, other than the $1000 that my insurance doesn't cover.
  • Most of the snags with the upcoming November 12 AAUW Coffeehouse musical extravaganza have been ironed out.
  • Tomorrow I'll lunch with friend Nancy and then see the classic British farce, "See How They Run," at Kettle Falls' Woodland Theater.
  • I've finished rereading The Great Gatsby for Chewelah book group, meeting at my house Thursday.
  • It's not snowing here yet, as it is in Colorado Springs where two of my stepsons and families live...and the other one is visiting with his.
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul's picked up three of my stories as finalists: "The Unforgotten" for Messages from Heaven, "Twist and Shout" for Say Goodbye to Back Pain, and "Running Like Sixty" for Say Hello to a Better Body.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the pictured blessing: You and your son look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, that's a great photo of you and Steve. Sorry to hear about the human and canine medical issues. We hope everything turns out well. It was a great visit with Rick, Angela, and smart-as-a-whip Kendra, snow and all. Keep focusing on the blessings.

    ReplyDelete