I've strayed from writing these past few days...went to the newly opened A Club in Spokane to hear Jason Webley, with his music that tears itself apart, and to the local Alpine Theater to see Javier Bardem steal Eat Pray Love from Julia Roberts. Sunday night, while fires roared in the nearby Shiloh hills, I savored a platter of shrimp and sausage at my first ever Shrimp Boil. I've even partially cleared out a mountain of e-mail that had accumulated while I was in England.
Now, though, if I can shoo away the cats and quiet the dogs, it's time to chain myself to the laptop and commit to writing these stories:
- Fifth anniversary trip to Canada
- Going back to school at age 73
- Forgiving Charles Dickens
- Botanical gardens, Seychelles, Mauritius and Cambridge
- Meanness...and I have a title for this one, "Why Did Cynthia Slap Me?"
- Times of Trouble...family misfortune
- Museum of Childhood